- SLO: Denise Taylor, MD, family medicine - email@example.com
Nationwide: GMLA mission is to ensure equality in healthcare for LGBT individuals and healthcare providers.
- SLO Co: Stacy Hutton, Ph.D., local psychologist who works with trans and gender diverse clients. She can be reached at 805-858-9222x704 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her website is therapywithstacy.com.
- Fresno: Carol Montgomery Brosnac, MA, LMFT, gender-specialized psychotherapy, (559) 999-8948
- Grover Beach: Leslie Barton, LMFT, (805) 541-7908
PROVIDING TRANS_AFFIRMING HEALTHCARE (2018) - PowerPoints
- Jay Bettergarcia, PhD - Transgender and Non-Binary Affirming Care: An Interdisciplinary Primer
- Jen Hastings, MD - Medical Basics for Trans and Gender-Expansive Youth
- Julie Nichole, MD - Basics of Gender-Affirming Care for Transmen
- Denise Taylor, MD - Basics of Gender-Affirming Care for Transwomen
- Stacy Hutton, PhD - Social Transition and Affirming Care
CULTURAL COMPETENCE FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS (YouTube)
- "Health Across the Gender Spectrum" - Stanford School of Medicine course that offers story-based experiences of six transgender children and their families.
- "To Treat Me, You Have to Know Who I Am" - VIDEO, NYC Hospitals Co.
- "Voices of Transgender Adolescents in Healthcare" - VIDEO, Adolescent Health Initiative
- "Transgender health care horror stories" - VIDEO, The Oregonian
- "Transgender Healthcare Equality" - VIDEO, Christian Hendricks
- "Being Transgender: barriers to healthcare beyond the spotlight" - VIDEO 1:45, KPCC Radio
HEALTH CARE ----------------------------
- Center of Excellence for Transgender Health - UCSF
- WPATH -- World Professional Association for Transgender Health - Standards of Care
- Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) - evaluates healthcare facilities’ policies and practices related to the equity and inclusion of their LGBTQ patients, visitors and employees.
HIV/AIDS/HEP C ----------------------------
- SLO SOUNTY HIV & HepC testing at ASN - All adults should be tested once in their lives and anybody who is doing sex work or has multiple partners should get tested at least once a year
- SANTA MARIA - Santa Barbara County Public Health Department - phone: 805-346-7444 - 2115 S. Centerpointe Pkwy, Santa Maria, CA 93455; Case management; ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Program) enrollment: ID provider; Ryan White funded dental and mental health services for those who are uninsured.
Throughout our site and on this page, you will find links to external websites. These links are provided consistent with the stated mission of Tranz Central Coast. These links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. They do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Tranz Central Coast (TCC), the Gay and Lesbian Alliance of the Central Coast (GALA), nor it members. Neither Tranz Central Coast nor its affiliates bear any responsibility for the accuracy or legality of content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. If you come across any external links that do not work or that you believe contain information that is contrary to the mission of TCC, we would be grateful if you would report them to the webmaster at: TranzCentralCoast@gmail.com.